John Deere made the first steel plow right? WRONG!
It's a common story throughout time!
Humanitarian creates something great for humanity with no expectation of compensation.... and then some savvy businessman decides to steal the idea, patent it, and get filthy rich!
- Antonio Meucc vs Alexander Graham Bell
- Nikola Tesla vs Guglielmo Marconi
- Nikola Tesla vs Thomas Edison
Wow! Nikola Telsa got screwed over... A LOT!
- Louis Le Prince vs Thomas Edison
- Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville vs Thomas Edison
Wow! Thomas Edison was kind of a dick!
Today, we will cover the first steel plow which people attribute to John Deere. However, Deere copied the design from an Illinois humanitarian named John Lane!
Deere's family is rolling in dough, while the current caretakers of the historic John Lane Farm are struggling to preserve the historic John Lane barn!